Monday, November 26, 2012

Decisions ...

There are so many decisions to make.  The first is the hardest and will be the biggest relief.  I've opted not to renew my membership in the local art co-op.  Its just taking too much time and feeling like a second job.  I have far too much stress in my life already and don't need this on top of it all.  I'm not getting anything out of it, other than social activity ... and I really really don't like that.  Other galleries will still continue to see my work, as will publishers.  But I want to work on my personal schedule and in topics I prefer.  No restrictions.  No timeframes.

My second decision is for more restrictions.  Hahahahaha!  But they are indeed self-imposed.  I'm really going to take myself to task in learning landscapes, particularly watercolors.  They're a weak skill set of mine, and I really need to concentrate on them for a while.  For the same reasoning, I truly need to study portraiture also ... but that can wait.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for deciding what you need to keep and what you need to get rid of. I did something similar in deciding what freelance projects to keep and what to get rid of - it was getting to a point that I was working all the time, and not getting to work on what I really wanted to work on: the novel.

    Keep going with your art. You're one talented guy.

    ReplyDelete